Thursday, June 14, 2007

今夜は本会だった。

Tonight was the first official information meeting for the Japan Trip.

What I found out was basically that I have to buy gifts for my host family, pack light, and that I'm not in the Fukuoka group (and I'm mad!!). I really really really wanted to be in the Fukuoka group, because Fukuoka is YUI's (my favorite Japanese musician) hometown. I just really wanted to go there and like experience her hometown. Think about it.. if you had the opportunity to go to your favorite singer/band's hometown, would you? Yes, of course you would.

But, alas, I am in the Hiroshima group. Which is okay, I guess. I would be more excited if the Fukuoka group was like Sapporo or Okinawa or some other place that's ridiculously far away, haha. That way, I wouldn't care.

Oh man, but yeah I'm really ticked off.

But yeah.. Hiroshima. Won't it be kinda uncomfortable...? Like, we'll go to the Hiroshima memorial, and there'll be Japanese people there and they'll give us like these looks and we'll be like "Yeah, we did that". And they'll be like "Yeah, get out of our country."

Yeah.

Whereas if I went to Fukuoka, I'd probably meet YUI's mom or something. Or like her second cousin's wife's son's turtle. Hey, YUI likes turtles.

Okay, and I've seriously been trying hard to find a job so I can raise spending money for the trip. I still don't have a job. The trip is on July 5th. I'm doomed.

But I bargained with my mom... she'll give me money and I'll pay her back when I get a job. So hopefully that works out okay.

Okay, I'm out. I got cramps and my Midol hasn't kicked in yet.

1 comment:

Taro said...

No one will blame you in hiroshima memorial or any other place in Japan. Hiroshima is great place and popular city among foreigners.